Hey everyone! I had so much fun creating this eye makeup look for Valentine’s Day, and I wanted to share it with you all! In my January Ipsy Glam Bag Ultimate, I received a new eyeshadow palette by theBalm Cosmetics, and I have been obsessed with it! This is the “What’s the Tea?® Ice Tea Eyeshadow Palette” ($36). I decided that I could create the perfect V-Day makeup look using this, and that is what I am going to be sharing with you today! This is a somewhat natural eye with a pop of pink!
When I first saw this palette, I thought that the theme was adorable. The palette as well as the colors all relate to gossip. If I am being honest, I probably would not buy this palette if I were walking through an Ulta or Sephora because I do not typically go for bold colors. I definitely prefer browns, golds, or taupes. This palette includes three matte brown shades, and six shimmer shades. Although I would not buy this for myself, the different shades of pink and blue are gorgeous. If you have read a couple of my other makeup tutorials, you may know that I am a little afraid of using bold colors in my eyeshadow looks, but I’ve been trying to get more experimental, and I have actually been having a lot of fun with it! I used to do the same eyeshadow look every single day, but thankfully that is not the case anymore (thanks to Ipsy)!
The eye makeup tutorial:
- I started off by applying the neutral eyelid primer that comes in this palette. I gently blended this onto my eyelids. You want to ensure that your eye makeup lasts all day and night for Valentine’s Day, so primer is essential! I also feel that primer makes applying eyeshadows a bit easier because it gives the color a smooth base to stick to!
- The first color I took was this beautiful pink color in the shade, “The 411”. I simply applied this onto my eyelids. I was immediately impressed by the color payoff with all of the shades!
- Then, I took the light brown shade, “Oh Snap” and blended this into my crease as a transition shade using windshield wiper motions.
- I then took the middle brown in the shade, “The Run Down” and applied this to the outer “V” of my eyes. Make sure to blend out the shadows after this step. These shadows are incredibly easy to blend (with just a little bit of fallout when applying them).
- The last step for the eyeshadow is highlight. I took the shade “He Said, She Said” and lightly applied this to my inner corners and my brow bones. In my opinion, highlighting these areas complete an eyeshadow look beautifully. It brightens up the eyes and makes you look more awake. I love this shade because it seems to be a mix of light purple and gold, making it more unique (and stunning).
- Next, I lined the outer half of my lower lashline with “The Run Down”, and then lined the inner half of my lower lashline with “The 411”.
- Next, I took my L’oreal Voluminous Lash Primer, and my Maybelline Lash Sensational Curvitude mascara and applied a few coats. I love this mascara because it always does a beautiful job of lengthening and separating my lashes. If you prefer to wear false lashes, you can do this as well!
- Lastly, I took my usual black eyeliner by Essence and lined my waterline and tightline. I do this pretty much every time I do my makeup because it adds a bit more drama to any makeup look, which I love!
Thank you so much for reading! I am so in love with this eyeshadow palette, and if you are interested, I highly recommend looking into buying it! Let me know how you’re planning on doing your Valentine’s Day makeup in a comment below!